RELC Examinations Bureau’s operating hours on Chinese New Year’s Eve (27 January 2017) - 8.30am to 1.00 pm only.
The Bureau was set up in October 1989 to administer professional public external examinations in Singapore. It is an institution of the Regional Language Centre (RELC), and an educational project of the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO).
For more than two decades, the Bureau has administered various university examinations from institutions such as the University of London and Deakin University, as well as from professional bodies such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA). The Bureau also runs specialised examinations such as BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT), Entrance Proficiency Test, Aviation English Competency Test (AECT), and others, with a combined candidature of more than 30,000 yearly.
With the increasing demand of online education, the Bureau also provides exam administration for online or computer-based examinations. Our computer facilities are well-equipped to provide conducive and secure environment.
The Bureau is committed to provide friendly and highly professional services and will ensure that each exam or test is delivered fairly and securely. While we continue to enhance our efficiency and professionalism in all aspects of examinations work, we have not lost sight of the importance of being a responsive and customer-focused centre.
To be acknowledged as a professional, trustworthy and efficient administrator of all professional and academic examinations.
To achieve our mission, we will ensure the following criteria are met in our range of examination services:
- Quality and reliability
- Local examination authority for overseas examining bodies and distance learning candidates
- Information centre for examination-related matters for candidates
- Entering candidates for examinations
- Arranging secure testing venues and appointing neutral professional invigilators
- Administering examinations as independent test centre
- Disseminating examination results and graduation certificates
- Administer Ad Hoc Examinations upon request for independent study candidates or institutions