- Test Fees
- Test Format
- Contact Us
The Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) is an English language test designed to assess the readiness of non-native English speakers to participate in a university-level English language instruction program. Pearson created PTE Academic in response to demand from institutions, government and other organizations for a more accurate way of testing non - native English language students who enter the English-speaking academia world.
PTE Academic is endorsed by the Graduate Management Admission Council. Amongst other universities, London Business School in the UK, Harvard Business School, Stanford Graduate School of Business, and Yale University in the USA accept PTE Academic scores. Other institutions in other countries, including Spain, France, Canada and China, have also signed up to accept PTE Academic. These include leading business schools such as INSEAD and HEC Paris in France, IESE, IE Business School and ESADE in Spain, George Brown College and Sheridan College in Canada and SDA Bocconi in Italy. In addition to the business schools, there are also a number of arts and music colleges who accept the exam's scores.
PTE Academic is also approved for all Australia's and New Zealand's visa and immigration applications .
It is a computer-based exam which focuses on real-life English used in academic surroundings. This is to say that integrated language is used throughout the test and students will listen to a variety of accents and academic language which they will encounter at English-speaking higher education institutions.
The exam will include an unmarked voice recording of the candidate, which is part of advanced biometric data that should assist institutions in verifying the identity of candidates and should aid them with their admission decisions. The test will be a maximum of 3 hours long and takers can expect their results to be delivered to them, online, within 5 working days.
Test scores are reported on the Global Scale of English, a standardized, numeric scale from 10 to 90 which can measure English language proficiency more precisely with reference to the widely known set of levels distinguished in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, or CEFR.
Click here to learn why students prefer PTE Academic.
For more details, please refer to PTE Academic website.
Instructions for PTE Academic Candidates
Registration & Timing
- The test will be conducted during the allocated times shown in the test schedule.
- Do arrive 45 minutes earlier from your test timing (eg. if your test is at 10am, do arrive at 9.15am) at Level 8, outside the Pearson Admin Room (room 812).
- You will not be admitted for the test if you arrive 15 minutes after the commencement of the test. (eg. you will not be admitted if you arrive at 10.15am for the 10am test timing.)
- Please do read up the PTE Academic Test Taker Rules Agreement before coming for the test.
- All your personal belongings (such as bags, pouches, notes, water bottle, phones, medicines etc.) must be placed at the designated locker in the Pearson Admin Room.
- You are only allowed to bring your passport into the testing room.
- You are strongly advised not to bring any unnecessary valuable belongings into the testing room.
- All materials and/or devices which are found in violation of any test regulations will be confiscated.
- RELC EB will not be responsible for the loss or damage of any belongings.
At the Start of the Examination
- An erasable noteboard and a marker will be placed on your assigned desk. Please use them for your test, and leave it on the desk after you have finished your test.
- Please place your passport on your desk.
- Do take note that there will be a tutorial before the actual test begins for candidates to familiarise with how the test works.
- Please raise your hand if you wish to communicate with the Administrator.
- Unless granted permission by the administrator, you are not allowed to leave your seat.
- A schedule optional break of 10 minutes is given after Part 2 of the test. Please note that the 10 minutes' optional break will include the process of signing out of the test and signing in to complete the test, hence your actual break will be less than 10 minutes.
- You are not allowed to access your locker or personal belongings during the optional 10 minutes' break.
At the End of the Examination
- Please raise your hand if you have finished the test and the Administrator will attend to you.
- Please leave the testing room quickly and quietly, and remember to take your passport with you. Please leave the erasable noteboard and marker on the desk.
Please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 6734 4259 if you have any enquiries.
PTE Academic Testimonials
PTE Academic Courses
- For more information on PTE Academic Preparation Course, please click here.
- For more information on Advanced PTE Academic Workshop, please click here.